Compact stranded AA-8000 series aluminum alloy conductors. Color-coded XHHW-2 insulation on individual conductors. Insulated conductors are cabled with the bare ground wire. A flame retardant fiberglass-reinforced binder tape & overall Sunlight resistant (SUN RES printing), flame retardant, gray polyvinyl chloride (PVC) material.
Phase conductors are identified by a colored stripe on the insulation
– 3 conductor – Black and Black with Red Stripe
– 4 conductor – Black, Black with White Stripe and Black with Red Stripe
– 5 conductor – Black, Black with White Stripe, Black with Red Stripe and Black with Blue Stripe
Standards & Specifications
– UL 44 for Type XHHW-2 Conductors
– UL 854
– 8000 Series AL Alloy as per ASTM standards B 800, B 801
– Federal Specification A-A-59544
– Sunlight Resistant Jacket
Product details and specifications are subject to manufacturing variations and accepted industry tolerances. Please contact your DWC Account Manager with questions, or to confirm any specific product requirements.